Our health and safety objective is to prevent harm. In pursuit of this objective, our focus is on eliminating the causes of events that have a high potential for life-altering impacts or fatalities.
We pursue this objective with reference to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular Goal 3: Good Health and Wellbeing. Health and safety is of paramount importance in Santos operations, and is guided by our “Always safe” Value.
Our leading health and safety performance objectives are to:
- Be an industry leader in health and safety performance
- Apply past learnings as controls to future tasks
- Be the safest operator where we have a presence
Our 2022 health and safety performance summary
- Zero severe harm (life-changing) injuries
- 70 per cent reduction in lost time injury rate
- 52 per cent reduction in total recordable injury rate
- 42 per cent reduction in the moderate harm injury rate
- 46 per cent reduction in the number of high potential events
Read more about our health and safety performance in the 2023 Sustainability Report.
Case study: Safety improvement at the frontline
Read the case study in our 2023 Sustainability Report.