Our health and safety objective is to prevent harm. In pursuit of this objective, our focus is on eliminating the causes of events that have a high potential for life-altering impacts or fatalities.
We pursue this objective with reference to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular Goal 3: Good health and wellbeing. Health and safety is of paramount importance in Santos operations, and is guided by our “Always safe” Value.
Our leading health and safety performance objectives are to:
- Be an industry leader in health and safety performance
- Apply past learnings as controls to future tasks
- Be the safest operator where we have a presence
Our safety performance reflects our sustained focus on reducing harm. In 2021, our health and safety performance resulted in:
- Zero fatalities across all Santos operations
- 0.47 LOCI rate – 34% reduction from 2020
- 50% reduction in actual harm and severity from high potential events compared with 2020
- 90% reduction in driving-related high potential events
Read more about our health and safety performance in the 2022 Sustainability Report.
Case study: Driving safely around the planet 500 times a year.
Read the case study in our 2022 Sustainability Report.