In accordance with Conditions 3 and 7 of the EPBC approval, on 3 May 2021 Santos lodged with the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, the Coniston/Novara Field Development Project annual compliance report (2020/2021) for EPBC 2011/5995, along with other documents published in accordance with the Coniston/Novara approval conditions.
As required by the Capacity Trading Reforms legislated under the National Gas (South Australia) Act 2008, and the associated Operational Transportation Service Code, Santos has published an OTSA for the Ballera Compression Facility which reflects current operational practices.
The OTSA is comprised of:
The Darwin LNG plant at Wickham Point operates under Environment Protection Licence 217 (EPL).
Comprehensive environmental impact assessments were undertaken for both Bayu-Undan field development and Darwin LNG plant before they were established:
Further information on the Environmental Management Programme for Darwin LNG during initial construction:
- Vol I – Environmental Management Programme Overview and Compliance Audit Register
- Vol II – Construction Environmental Management Programme
- Vol IV – Darwin LNG Operations Environmental Management Plan
Bayu-Undan to Darwin Gas Export Pipeline
- Production cessation fact sheet
- Environment Plan – commercial fisheries information sheet
- Environment Plan renewal – notice of consultation (December 2017)
DLNG to PWC Pipeline
The DLNG to PWC Pipeline is a non-scheme transmission pipeline under the National Gas Rules, owned and operated by Darwin LNG.
Darwin LNG Transition Work Program
Darwin LNG has a 24-hour community hotline: 1800 267 600. Please call this number if you have any safety or environmental concerns relating to the facility.
An Offshore Project Proposal (OPP) has been prepared in accordance with the Australian Government’s environmental assessment process for a new petroleum project in Commonwealth waters.
Barossa Development Drilling and Completions
- Barossa Development Drilling and Completions Campaign Environment Plan – Notice of Consultation (June 2019)
- Barossa Development Drilling and Completions FAQs
Barossa Gas Export Pipeline
In accordance with the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1994, on 29 January 2021, Santos lodged with the Department of Environment and Science (DES) a site-specific Environmental Authority application for Petroleum Lease (PL) 1059.
You may make a submission about the application during the submission period, which is from 21 April 2021 to 18 May 2021, inclusive. See the Public Notice for instructions on how to make a submission.
- View the Public Notice here
- View the Application Form here
- View the Supporting Information Report including Appendices A – C here
- View the Supporting Information Appendix D here
- View the Supporting Information Appendix E here
- View the Supporting Information Appendix F here
- View the Supporting Information Appendix G here