You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Skip to content
Barossa Gas Project: Learn more

ATO class ruling

On 15 June 2022, the ATO published the class ruling that sets out the income tax consequences for shareholders of Oil Search Limited (OSH) who disposed of their OSH shares to Santos Limited (STO) on 17 December 2021 by way of a scheme of arrangement (the Merger or Scheme).

A link can be found here ATO class ruling

Shareholder enquiries

Computershare Investor Services Pty Ltd
GPO Box 2975
Melbourne Vic 3001

Tel: 1300 096 259 (Australia)
Tel: +61 3 9415 4397 (International)

Shareholders can update their details here.

Share price chart

*Adjusted historical pricing and volume to reflect: Spin-offs, stock splits/consolidations, stock dividend/bonus, rights offerings/entitlements.

Shareholder Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Computershare Investor Services Pty Ltd
GPO Box 2975
Melbourne Vic 3001

Tel: 1300 096 259 (within Australia)
Tel: +61 3 9415 4397 (outside Australia)

Shareholders can update their details here.

Ordinary shares: STO

Santos Warrants are not issued by Santos Ltd.

The disclosure document (also called an offering circular or a Product Disclosure Statement) contains the terms of issue of the warrant series and information relevant to the credit worthiness of the issuer.

You can obtain disclosure documents from the warrant issuer, your broker, or the ASX website.

Ownership of the shares is recorded electronically and evidenced by a statement, rather than a certificate. Share certificates are no longer recognised as evidence of ownership; instead, each shareholder receives a holding statement which details all movements on their shareholding, including purchases, sales, and corporate actions.

An Issuer Sponsored holding is maintained by Computershare, which maintains all details relating to the holding. All Santos shares quoted on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) are required to be uncertificated. Issuer sponsorship is the means by which shareholders must hold their shares in uncertificated form if they are not sponsored by a participant in CHESS, such as a sharebroker. Your Issuer Sponsored holdings can be identified by an ‘I’ at the start of your Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) which is printed on your holding statement. When your shares are Issuer Sponsored, you are free to trade them through any broker. You give your nominated broker permission to access your holding when you buy or sell shares.

If your shares are Broker Sponsored, you will have a Holder Identification Number (HIN) allocated to you that is prefixed with an ‘X’. All on-market transactions in Santos securities are advised electronically to the Santos Share Registry through CHESS (Clearing House Electronic Subregister System). When your shares are Broker Sponsored, you are only able to sell them through that broker. If you wish to use a different broker you will need to arrange to have the holding transferred.

For Issuer Sponsored Shares: Shareholders can update their details here.

Broker Sponsored Shares: You will need to notify your broker in writing of your change of address.

Contact Computershare on: 1300 096 259 (within Australia) or +61 3 9415 4397 (outside Australia). Shareholders who choose not to receive a paper copy of these reports will continue to receive all other shareholder information including Distribution Statements and notices of all Shareholder Meetings. Annual Reports can be viewed at the Company Reporting page on this website.

Apart from your stockbroker, you can visit the Australian Securities Exchange website. This site provides a wealth of information as well as a broker referral service.

The balance of your shareholding, payment history and account details can be viewed at

Yes. How you transfer your securities will depend upon your individual circumstances. If you are CHESS Sponsored, you will need to contact your sponsoring broker who will arrange the transfer on your behalf. If you are Issuer Sponsored and wish to transfer your shares to another person you will need to complete an Off-market Transfer form. Transfers must be validly completed and signed and must meet the issuer’s conditions of transfer.

Yes. Information about the DRP and how to participate can be viewed at the Dividend Reinvestment Plan page on this website.