- 100 per cent of Narrabri gas will go to the domestic market
- The Community Benefits Fund could receive up to $120 million to invest in local community programs
- $14.5 million Voluntary Planning Agreement with shire council will deliver benefits including improved infrastructure at the Narrabri Airport
Santos says its Narrabri Gas Project will create more jobs and more business opportunities in regional NSW as we develop local natural gas to provide affordable, reliable energy for NSW homes and businesses.
Narrabri gas from appraisal wells already supplies the Wilga Park Power Station in northwest NSW, generating enough electricity to power around 32,000 households in the region.
Santos already employs 16 people who live and work locally, and is buying locally, spending more than $4 million last year alone on local goods and services.
The company says its establishment of a Community Benefits Fund and our commitment to provide 100 per cent of Narrabri gas to the domestic market will ensure communities right across NSW benefit from the project.
The Narrabri Gas Project could deliver up to $1.2 billion in royalties directly to the NSW budget to help fund essential government services like health, roads and education.
The Community Benefits Fund could receive up to $120 million to invest in local community programs.
In Narrabri, Santos has entered into a $14.5 million Voluntary Planning Agreement with the shire council that will deliver:
- Improved infrastructure at the Narrabri Airport
- More maintenance for local roads
- Further development of the Narrabri sports and tourism precinct
- Library relocation to allow the expansion of the Country University Centre
For more information about the Narrabri Gas Project and Santos activities in the region, visit the Santos information stand at AgQuip from the 22 – 24 August 2023, site H12.
Published as part of The Land’s AgQuip preview liftout on 10 August 2023.