Our objective is to build an inclusive workplace and continue investing in a diverse, highly capable workforce and a high-performance culture.
We seek to:
- Attract top talent and retain our best people
- Grow an organisational learning culture
- Build a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Harness talent to sustain our disciplined operating model
We pursue this objective with reference to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular Goal: 5 Gender Equality, Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth and Goal: 10 Reduce Inequality. Santos seeks to maintain and further enhance our inclusive, diverse, and non-discriminatory workplace.
Our 2022 people and culture performance summary
- Female representation increased to:
- 36.5% of our non-field-based employees
- 41.7% of our executive leadership, and maintained Board representation at 40%
- 97% of our workforce completed at least one new Cultural Awareness training module
- 78.5% of all leadership roles in PNG were represented by PNG citizens
- A$1.2 million (pre-tax) in childcare subsidy payments to working parents
Read more about our people and culture performance in the 2023 Sustainability Report.