Our objective is to mitigate the environmental impacts of our operations and activities and to work with communities and partners for positive environmental outcomes.
We pursue our objective with reference to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production, Goal 14: Life Below Water and Goal 15: Life on Land. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment. We have focus areas of water, biodiversity, waste and air.
We seek to:
- Rehabilitate 100 per cent of our disturbance footprint within 12 months of construction
- Have Net Zero abstraction of water from Great Artesian Basin aquifers
- Complete 100 per cent background methane gas and baseline assessments across all onshore operations.
- Have zero waste to landfill by 2050.
Our 2022 environmental performance summary
- 70 per cent of waste generated in Australia either reused, recycled or treated
- Invested an additional $694,900 in Great Artesian Basin Industry Partnership Program
- Completed background methane surveys in NSW and across the Cooper Basin
- Received final approval from the Queensland Government for the Mount Tabor biodiversity offset project (>5,000 hectares)
Read more about our environmental performance in the 2023 Sustainability Report.
Access our Water Portal to view results from our surface water and groundwater monitoring programs, and access information about our responsible water management strategies.
Case study: Reusable hearing protection: small change, big impact
Read more in our 2023 Sustainability Report.