Santos narrows GLNG start date
Santos today announced its GLNG project is approaching 95% complete and is expected to produce first LNG around the end of the third quarter this year.
Previous guidance for first LNG was in the second half of this year.
“The progress at GLNG over the past year has been excellent. This announcement highlights our confidence of delivering this transformational project on time and within the US$18.5 billion budget,” Santos Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer David Knox said.
“The project has continued to go from strength to strength and we have made significant progress on the ground in both 2014 and in the first quarter of this year.”
“The delivery of GLNG will consolidate our strategic LNG portfolio and further position us as a key player in the growing Asian gas market.”
Santos Vice President Downstream GLNG Rod Duke acknowledged the hard work and dedication of the project team in delivering the key milestones to date.
“It has been a fantastic year of progress at GLNG with recent milestones including the introduction of first gas into the LNG plant and the successful firing of the first two gas turbine generators,” Mr Duke said.
GLNG 2014-2015 snapshot
- Completed construction of all major gas field processing facilities.
- Completed its 420-kilometre pipeline, including a 4.3km undersea pipeline tunnel.
- Installed all 111 modules that make up its two LNG processing trains.
- Hydrotested both of its LNG storage tanks.
- Built its LNG loading jetty.
- Introduction of first gas into the plant and lighting of the flare.
- Successful firing of the first two gas turbine generators.