Production impacted by Mutineer-Exeter workovers and John Brookes shut-in
- Q2 2008 production of 13.9 mmboe was 0.2 mmboe higher than Q1 2008.
- Production was impacted by a planned workover campaign on Mutineer-Exeter and the shutin of John Brookes following an incident on Varanus Island on 3 June.
- Oil production from the Cooper Basin and Indonesia was higher than the previous corresponding period.
Record second quarter sales revenue
- Second quarter sales revenue of $749 million was 18% higher than both comparative periods.
- Second quarter average portfolio gas price of $4.01 per gigajoule (GJ) was 4% higher than the previous corresponding period.
- Second quarter average realised oil price of A$132.69 was 56% higher than the previous corresponding period.
Key activities during the period
- Sale of a 40% interest in the integrated GLNGTM project to PETRONAS for US$2.5 billion.
- FEED commenced for the PNG LNG project.
- Reindeer gas project sanctioned with first gas expected by the end of 2010.