2001 First Quarter Activities Report
First Quarter Highlights
The following results were achieved compared with the 2000 first quarter:
- Sales of gas and ethane increased to a new first quarter record of 50 petajoules.
- Gas and ethane production increased by 0.8% to 51.7 petajoules.
- Crude oil production fell by 0.7 million barrels, mainly due to shut-ins, with sales also impacted by timing of liftings.
- The average realised oil price increased by 19.4% to A$51.15 per barrel.
- Sales revenue decreased by $7.1 million to $328.5 million.
Santos’ Managing Director, Mr John Ellice-Flint said:
“Production of 12.9 million barrels of oil equivalent in the first quarter of 2001 establishes a solid base for Santos to build upon for the full year.”
“Gas production and sales remain strong. Oil production and sales were lower in the first quarter reflecting shut-ins and remedial work at the Stag and Thevenard Island oil fields together with the timing of liftings. The shortfalls are expected to be caught up in the subsequent quarters.”
For a full copy of this report use the download feature below