In partnership with Queensland Rugby Union and New South Wales Rugby Union, Santos is pleased to present the Santos Festival of Rugby, 9 – 10 February 2024.
The centerpiece of the festival will once again be a pre-season game between the Queensland Reds and New South Wales Waratahs Super Rugby teams. Playing for the Santos Cup, this is a chance for the teams to get a good hit-out before the Super Rugby Pacific tournament kicks off.
The annual celebration of rugby will also include Roma Sevens, country representative matches and men’s and women’s Super Rugby fixtures.
Besides the action on the field, the program of events includes junior coaching clinics and family fun activities. There will be live entertainment on the Friday and Saturday nights with a performance from Hot Dub Time Machine on Saturday 10th February.
Thank you to the Maranoa Council for their continued support, and the Roma Echidnas Rugby Club for hosting this event.
WHEN: Friday 9 February to Saturday 10 February 2024
WHERE: Galas Fox Park, home of the Roma Echidnas Rugby Union Club (Warrego Hwy, Roma, QLD 4455)
- Friday 9 February: Queensland Country v New South Wales Country (men’s & women’s), post-match entertainment by .
- Saturday 10 February: pre-season match QLD Reds v NSW Waratahs, post-match entertainment by Hot Dub Time Machine.
- Full program of events will be released soon.
- Tickets on sale soon via Ticketek.
- Tickets must be purchased online. No cash sales at the gate. Pre-purchase is recommended for quick scanning at the gate.
- Proceeds from ticket sales will help support community grass-roots rugby.
- All VIP ticket holders must be 18+ years old.
- On site car parking is available. Full details under the food and entertainment tab.
All patrons must show photo ID on entering the venue and have their tickets scanned, both on entry and exit to manage crowd numbers. Additionally, all patrons entering the venue must abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Patrons may bring in homemade food and sealed plastic water bottles. Food and beverage products purchased at commercial outlets or in commercial packaging are NOT permitted. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers such as glass or cans.
- Patrons may not bring in ice. Only gel packs and ice bricks are permitted.
- Deliveries from external caterers will not be permitted into the venue.
- NO glass containers of any description are to be brought in.
- NO alcohol is to be brought in or removed from the venue. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Alcohol may only be consumed in clearly marked areas of the venue.
- All items brought into the venue (eskies, prams, pushers, bags and other belongings) must be able to fit under the patron’s seat. Alternatively items may be held at the patrons risk at the venue’s information kiosk.
- Smoking is only permitted in the signed designated smoking areas. Patrons who fail to obey a direction from Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) or another authorised person to cease smoking in a non-designated area may be subject to a fine or may be immediately evicted from the venue.
- Footwear MUST be worn at all times.
- The right of admission is reserved. In particular, QRU reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the venue any persons who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who are not entitled to attend the event or match. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from Queensland Rugby Union and their representatives may be removed from the venue.
- Persons under the age of 12 must always be under the direct supervision of an adult. QRU reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the venue or to refer to the police any persons under the age of 12 who are without adult supervision.
- Unauthorised and persons without tickets are prohibited from entering the venue arena and any other area not accessible by the public.
- Patrons must not wear or display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of QRU. Patrons who are, in the opinion of QRU, offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety may also be refused entry into the venue.
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the venue.
- Items which, in the opinion of QRU, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the venue. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, cans, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers and weapons of any description, and may include certain musical instruments, flags and flagpoles and any other items considered by QRU to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Cameras (including digital cameras), audio and video recorders may only be brought into the venue at the discretion of QRU.
- Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event or match for commercial purposes without the prior written approval of QRU. Such recordings may be confiscated or erased. Any recordings or recording device which are confiscated will become the property of the venue owner.
- Patrons acknowledge that the venue owner or the event promoter may use a patron’s image or likeness as part of any recording of the event or match.
- Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the venue. Patrons bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. QRU will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- The event or match may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations, adverse weather or for any other cause beyond the QRU’s control. Patrons may make a claim to the event promoter only for a replacement ticket if an event or match is rescheduled or for a refund of the appropriate amount of the face price of the ticket if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
- QRU may add, withdraw or substitute competitors, teams or artists and/or vary advertised material, programs, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the venue or program times without liability to QRU.
- TBC (Friday post match entertainment)
- Hot Dub Time Machine, Best Party Ever (Saturday pre and post match entertainment)
An assortment of food outlets will be serving a variety of drinks and tasty treats throughout the festival. Please note all sales will be cashless.
Onsite car parking is available.
Free bus service:
Bus service will be provided during peak times to and from the ground to Roma, Main Street.
This family friendly festival will have a dedicated family zone, parent room and activities for the kids.
Those visiting Roma to attend the Santos Festival of Rugby can find information about the region on the Maranoa Regional Council website. The site contains information about accommodation, where to eat, things to do and more.
Accommodation will sell out fast, we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Festival merchandise is available for sale during the Festival from one of the merchandise stalls located around the ground.
- NSW Waratahs and QLD Reds apparel will be available for purchase during the festival. If you’d like to order merchandise ahead of time, please visit their websites.