In partnership with the Queensland Rugby Union and New South Wales Rugby Union, Santos is pleased to present the Santos Festival of Rugby.
An annual event, the 2021 Festival features a pre-season game between the Queensland Reds and New South Wales Waratahs Super Rugby teams, a two-day men’s sevens selection and preparation tournament, women’s sevens matches, junior coaching clinics, live entertainment and more.
Thank you to the Narrabri Shire Council and Narrabri Blue Boars Rugby Club for their support of this inaugural event.
WHEN: Thursday 4 February to Saturday 6 February 2021
WHERE: Narrabri Rugby Club at Dangar Park (corner of Boheena and Wukawa Streets, Narrabri NSW)
The health and safety of the community is very important to the clubs, players and supporters of this event. To stay safe, please follow these simple rules:
- STAY HOME if you have a body temperature of more than 37.5 degrees Celsius or are suffering from any cold/flu like symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or a runny nose.
- DO NOT ATTEND if you have been advised to quarantine, have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or returned from overseas travel less than 14 days ago.
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands, using sanitiser regularly and always covering your mouth and nose if needing to cough or sneeze.
- Stay socially distanced (1.5 m away) from each other, especially from those people not in your household and social group.
- Where possible, stay in your allocated seat, follow signage/markers, and avoid queuing or crowding.
This COVID-safe event has been planned with support from the Narrabri Shire Council and in consultation with local police and the NSW Department of Health. To ensure the safety of patrons, we have implemented the following:
- A professional ticketing system (via Ticketek) to manage zone capacity and contact tracing.
- Socially distanced seating and queuing.
- COVID Marshal training.
- Hand sanitising stations.
- Temperature checking stations.
- Food handling strategies to adhere to NSW Department of Health guidelines.
For contact tracing, all patrons must show photo ID on entering the venue and have their tickets scanned, both on entry and exit to manage crowd numbers. Additionally, all patrons entering the venue must abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Patrons may bring in homemade food and sealed plastic water bottles. Food and beverage products purchased at commercial outlets or in commercial packaging are NOT permitted. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers such as glass or cans.
- Patrons may not bring in ice. Only gel packs and ice bricks are permitted.
- Deliveries from external caterers will not be permitted into the venue.
- NO glass containers of any description are to be brought in.
- NO alcohol is to be brought in or removed from the venue. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Alcohol may only be consumed in clearly marked areas of the venue.
- Eskies will be permitted inside Narrabri Rugby Club but will be subject to a search.
- All items brought into the venue (eskies, prams, pushers, bags and other belongings) must be able to fit under the patron’s seat. Alternatively items may be held at the patrons risk at the venue’s information kiosk.
- NO smoking is allowed within the Narrabri Rugby Club venue fence line. Patrons who smoke in the venue or who fail to obey a direction from Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) or another authorised person to cease smoking in the venue may be subject to a fine or may be immediately evicted from the venue.
- Footwear MUST be worn at all times.
- The right of admission is reserved. In particular, QRU reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the venue any persons who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who are not entitled to attend the event or match. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from Queensland Rugby Union and their representatives may be removed from the venue.
- Patrons MUST abide by all NSW Health requirements of the day with regard to COVID-19 protocols. Social distancing must be maintained at all times and should a patron be showing symptoms they should not attend, or risk being asked to leave the venue. Patrons may be refused entry if they do not accept the terms of entry regarding COVID, by ‘purchasing’ a ticket to this event every patron has agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of entry and the requirements surrounding COVID-19 protocols.
- Persons under the age of 12 must always be under the direct supervision of an adult. QRU reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the venue or to refer to the police any persons under the age of 12 who are without adult supervision.
- Unauthorised and persons without tickets are prohibited from entering the venue arena and any other area not accessible by the public.
- Patrons must not wear or display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of QRU. Patrons who are, in the opinion of QRU, offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety may also be refused entry into the venue.
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the venue.
- Items which, in the opinion of QRU, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the venue. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, cans, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers and weapons of any description, and may include certain musical instruments, flags and flagpoles and any other items considered by QRU to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Cameras (including digital cameras), audio and video recorders may only be brought into the venue at the discretion of QRU.
- Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event or match for commercial purposes without the prior written approval of QRU. Such recordings may be confiscated or erased. Any recordings or recording device which are confiscated will become the property of the venue owner.
- Patrons acknowledge that the venue owner or the event promoter may use a patron’s image or likeness as part of any recording of the event or match.
- Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the venue. Patrons bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. QRU will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- The event or match may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations, adverse weather or for any other cause beyond the QRU’s control. Patrons may make a claim to the event promoter only for a replacement ticket if an event or match is rescheduled or for a refund of the appropriate amount of the face price of the ticket if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
- QRU may add, withdraw or substitute competitors, teams or artists and/or vary advertised material, programs, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the venue or program times without liability to QRU.
Live entertainment includes:
- Thirsty Merc!
- Furnace and the Fundamentals
- Georgia June
- Elsie Ford
- DJ Dunco
An assortment of food outlets will be serving a variety of tasty treats throughout the festival while the Tourist Hotel will keep the drinks flowing.
- Tamworth D’Lish – ice cream
- Relish Catering – gourmet food pails
- Westpac Rescue – steak and sausage BBQ
- Scouts – hot dogs and chips
- Lions Club – burgers
- GF Donuts – donuts
- One 23 – pork bao buns, tacos and buffalo wings
- One 23 – coffee
- Tourist Hotel – soft drinks
This family friendly festival will have a dedicated family zone, parent room and activities for the kids.
- High Ball Challenge
- Rugby Ninja
- Inflatable Pass the Ball
- Jumping castle
- Water slide – bring your togs and towel!
Those visiting in order to attend the Santos Festival of Rugby can find information about the region on the Visit Narrabri website.
The Narrabri Visitor Information Centre is located on Tibbereena Street (Newell Highway), Narrabri and is easily identified by the big blue “i”. It opens 9:00am-5:00pm weekdays and 9:00am-2:00pm weekends.
Phone: (02) 6799 6760 / Freecall: 1800 659 931