Our objective is to be an economically sustainable company which supplies reliable, affordable energy and contributes positively to the national and regional economies where we operate.
We seek to:
- Maintain an economically sustainable operating model
- Apply disciplined capital allocation to underpin investment
- Pay tax and royalties and provide a return to the community
We pursue this objective with reference to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy and Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth.
Our 2022 economic sustainability performance summary
- Record annual production of 103.2 mmboe
- Record free cash flow from operations of $3.6 billion, up 142 per cent
- Balance sheet strengthened. Liquidity of $5.5 billion and gearing reduced to 18.9%
- Global tax and royalty contributions of $1,091 million
Read more about our economic sustainability performance in the 2023 Sustainability Report.