Production reinstated at John Brookes
- September quarter production of 13.2 mmboe was 5% lower than the June quarter of 2008.
- Following the Varanus Island incident in June, initial production from John Brookes.
- Recommenced in early August with full production reinstated by early September.
- Cooper Oil production up 33% compared to the September quarter of 2007.
- Mutineer-Exeter production impacted by planned workover campaign.
Higher Sales Revenue
- Sales revenue of $730 million was 16% higher than the September quarter of 2007.
- September quarter average portfolio gas price of $4.90 per gigajoule (GJ) was 25% higher
than the September quarter of 2007, primarily due to higher realised ethane and LNG prices.
- September quarter average realised oil price of A$146.42 per barrel was 59% higher than
the September quarter of 2007.
Key activities during the period
- Receipt of US$2 billion from PETRONAS for the 40% stake in the GLNGTM project.
- Purchase of 100% interest in the WA-4-R permit (Carnarvon Basin) containing the majority of
the undeveloped 600PJ gas resource in the Spar field.
- Proposal to construct a 500MW gas fired power station in western Victoria.
- Successful completion of $300 million off-market share buy-back in early October.