Our objective is to proactively partner with Indigenous groups and communities to build respectful and mutually beneficial relationships and deliver positive outcomes for Indigenous people.
Through consultation, engagement, opportunity identification, investment and support, we partner with Indigenous people to contribute positively to building sustainable communities, opportunities for work, economic growth and land management.
We seek to:
- Be a leader in community engagement and cultural heritage management
- Have industry best -practice recruitment and development programs for meaningful career opportunities
- Support Indigenous businesses through our supply chain
Read about our approach in the Santos Local and Indigenous Communities Policy.
Read more about our progress in Indigenous participation in the 2022 Sustainability Report.
Our 2021 Indigenous partnerships performance includes:
- 30% Indigenous representation in the Australian apprentice and trainee program
- $20.7 million spend with Indigenous enterprises in Australia and Alaska
- 500 students sponsored to participate in the Santos Aboriginal Power Cup
- 421 cultural assessments delivered across Australian operations
- 88 Indigenous Cultural Heritage officers engaged across Australian operations
Watch our 2022 NAIDOC Week video.
Case study: Mount Tabor Environmental Offset Agreement.
Read more here.
Vice President EHSS, Access and Aboriginal Engagement Nick, and General Manager Developments Onshore, Glenn, with Mt Tabor Station Manager Keelan Mailman OAM.