Our Commitment to Landholders
Santos genuinely respects the landholders we work with. When we arrange to carry out activities on your land, you are inviting us into your home and we recognise this requires a great deal of trust.
We understand gas exploration and production activities can have an impact on your business and lifestyle. We are committed to ensuring you are comfortable our activities can work together with your business and farming practices.
We will work with you to develop a Farm Management Plan to ensure the profitability and sustainability of your business operation is not compromised.
When entering into a land access agreement with you, we will:
- Be honest, transparent and straightforward in our dealings with you.
- Pay for reasonable legal costs incurred by you in the agreement process and respect your right to confidentiality.
- Operate to the highest health and safety standard.
- Implement a plan to manage weeds, and minimise noise, dust and light from our operations.
- Implement a stringent regional groundwater monitoring program measuring water levels and quality.
- Rehabilitate your land progressively throughout our operations and at the completion of our activities.